Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Butter...Jeans?



Why in the great green world would anyone name their jeans "Butter Jeans?"

I swear these jeans exist! I saw them at Nordstrom Rack when I was trying to find anything I could buy that was not made in China and would fill my longing to BUY SOMETHING!!!

The jeans are made in America with the following tag lines plastered all over the hang tags:

"Proud to Keep America Going."

"Made in USA: Pants for Real Women with Real Curves"

and a picture (in case you did not know what it looks like) of a stick of butter emblazoned with the words, "Buttery Softness".

Okay, I was thrilled that the jeans were made in America, not so thrilled and a bit horrified by the name, I mean, was I about to buy food or pants? I was also not thrilled with the way that they did not fit (too much butter consumption on my part?) even though they were, indeed, very soft.

I don't think "Cottage Cheese Jeans" would fair so well on the market, but DairyAir Jeans, if they were tight enough in the right places might sell like hotcakes.

Ohhh, I know Forbidden Chocolate super slim jeans for real American women who deny themselves the pleasures of actually eating chocolate, those might sell well!

1 comment:

Spintext said...

I tried to look up these Butter Jeans online, but was unable to find anything. For once I am disappointed by the Google. I did however, find that many jeans are now "butter washed". I'm not sure what this process involves, but I don't think I'd wear a pair of butter washed jeans. I am curious to see what the next big fad in jean washing is. For my money, I would buy some beef washed jeans. Maybe then I would be a real "beefcake"!