Friday, January 26, 2007

Redemption


January 4, 2007...

Wow it feels good to not be the only one breaking the boycott!

I know I sound like a two-year old, but "Luke did it too!!!"

If I were feeling more mature, I would take into consideration the fact that he "didn't know" that he was breaking the boycott, but screw maturity, I want to feel self-righteous, and I do.

Here's what happened...

In September of 2006 we adopted two kittens from a shelter in Chicago called Tree house. We continue to buy both our dry cat food and the all wheat litter there. While I was away, Luke had to make a trip to Tree house to purchase more litter and food.

According to him, the total came to $19 and the person there asked if he would like to buy a cat toy for a dollar so that they did not have to make change. He agreed.

It wasn't until he got back to the apartment and looked at the toy, that he realized it was made in China. He gave the bizarre glittery toy (it looks a lot like two testicles tied together with a pink string and a bell in the middle) to the kittens anyway.

I think that they are aware of our boycott too. They don't play with the toy.

No comments: