Friday, January 26, 2007

A Phone Call from My Sister

January 18, 2007

Kathy called today and in the midst of our usual sister bonding, she remembered ask me about the boycott. I told her that we are sticking with it but it has been difficult and there were a few mistakes.

She told me that she went our shopping with her friend, "Jen" and was complaining to her that Christmas was going to suck this year and that she hoped Luke and I did not draw her and her husband's name for gift giving.

"Jen" was surprised and asked Kathy how she already knew that Christmas, almost a year from now was going to suck.

Kathy told "Jen" about our boycott and "Jen", not believing that so many things could be made in China, tried to find something in the store that we could buy for them at Christmas time. Eventually they got tired of looking and gave up. Everything they found was made in China.

I am delighted to know that we are impacting the lives of people we've never met, even if it is just to frustrate them!

No comments: