Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Moving is HELL!


Dear Readers,

Please accept my sincere apologies for not writing sooner. The past month has been filled with the unique kind of hell that is moving.

I still can't find most of the things I own and I can't remember what it is I think I'm missing, so that makes me wonder why we put so much time and effort into acquiring "stuff" in the first place.

We moved in with a family member and most of our stuff is in storage or en route to storage once we figure out what lurks in the depths of the moving boxes. We rented a truck that was too big for all of our stuff and have argued quite a bit about what to keep and what to store and why the heck we have so much of it in the first place.

In keeping with the spirit of the boycott, we were able to re-use boxes from Timeless Toys in Chicago as well as from my former co-workers. People gave us packing tape and the tape gun as well as packing paper and so on.

The one thing we were unable to buy? Moving pads. The only moving pads Penske sold were made in China. Some fate must have been on our side however, because when we opened up the truck outside of our apartment, the previous renters had left 13 grey, scratchy, made in China moving pads behind.

What a blessing that was!

No comments: