Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Big Friggin' Tiara


Hello! Did anyone miss me? I've been caught in a desperate vortex with getting ready to move and avoiding my birthday being the two largest usurpers of my time. I hope you will forgive me.

I'm going to be 30 on the 30th (my golden year...yippee) and to celebrate/flaunt/regress- I want a big friggin' tiara to wear all day long.

The only problem?

You guessed it!

Made in China!

Granted, I did not spend an enormous amount of time looking for the big friggin' tiara, but they seem as elusive as a unicorn, or as elusive as an item not made in China.

I spent about two hours in a mall in Northbrook, Illinois looking for a tiara, and the only place I could find them were at Claire's. I used to love that store when I was a wee teen, way back in my younger days. Now however, I am unable to purchase just about everything that they sell. All of the tiaras which would fit on my humble, goddess head were on the banned list. (As were the ones made for little girls, in case you were curious!)

My solution?

Why, Ebay of course!

In a matter of a half hour or so, I had managed to procure a rather decent looking tiara for less than $5 (remember, second hand purchases are ok) in the lovely town of Schamburg, which I am told is somewhere near Chicago.

The unfortunate part?

Either I changed my address at the post office too soon or the big friggin' tiara was not yet mailed and it appears that I will not have it in time for my birthday.

Now how the hell is the world supposed to know what is so special about me?

No comments: