Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ahhh, V'day


Well, it's been awhile since I last wrote and I thought to myself, "Why not get back to that blog on one of the most commercial holidays around?"

I also intensely loath this day, regardless of whether I am in a relationship or not.

One of the fun things about this ban is that you can't buy most of the cheesy hearts and crap that fill the stores to the point of bursting, threatening to spew forth "one size fits all" definitions of love and romance. Even the corny "romantic" coupon books, you know, the one some one buys you in a last ditch effort to seem romantic, are printed in China.

Luke and I are apart for V'day, due to a family emergency on my side. This gives us yet another reprieve from having to look for gifts until they go on clearance. Who ever said distance was a bad thing?

My mom bought me potted roses. I don't really care for the overpriced roses in abundance this time of year and my most favorite flowers, dandelions, are not growing yet, or if they are, they are buried beneath the ample snow outside. The potted roses are lovely and the "how to care for your plant" tag says it is printed in the USA. I assume the roses were grown here as well, but then again, I assumed that about our garlic and was wrong.

Tomorrow all the romance crap will be on clearance. How interesting...does that mean we only need to show our love once a year? At full price?

No comments: